1. Muliira JK, Natarajan J, Van Der Colff J. Nursing faculty academic
incivility: Perceptions of nursing students and faculty. BMC Med
2. Masoumpoor A, Abbaszadeh A, RassouliM, Alavimajd H. Critical
review of scales of incivility behaviors in nursing education. Med
Ethics J 2017;11:93‑102.
3. Abedini Z, Parvizy S. The effects of group discussion and
self‑learning on nursing students’ civility. Iran J Nurs Midwifery
4. Clark CM, Barbosa‑Leiker C, Gill LM, Nguyen D. Revision and
psychometric testing of the incivility in nursing education (INE)
survey: Introducing the INE‑R. J Nurs Educ 2015;54:306‑15.
5. Mohammadipour M, Hasanvand S, Goudarzi F, Ebrahimzadeh F,
Pournia Y. The level and frequency of faculty incivility as
perceived by nursing students of Lorestan University of Medical
Sciences. J Med Life 2018;11:334‑42.
6. Marchiondo K, Marchiondo LA, Lasiter S. Faculty incivility:
Effects on program satisfaction of BSN students. J Nurs Educ
7. Clarke CM, Kane DJ, Rajacich DL, Lafreniere KD. Bullying
in undergraduate clinical nursing education. J Nurs Educ
8. Park EJ, Kang H. Nurse educators’ experiences with student
incivility: A meta‑synthesis of qualitative studies. J Educ Eval
Health Prof 2020;17:1‑15.
9. Natarajan J, Muliira JK, van der Colff J. Incidence and perception
of nursing students’ academic incivility in Oman. BMC Nurs
10. Vardanjani LR, Parvin N, Shafiei Z, Dehcheshmeh FS. Incivility
behavior training of teachers and students in nursing and
midwifery department of Shahrekord. J Dev Strategies Med Educ
11. Clark CM, Farnsworth J, Landrum RE. Development and
description of the incivility in nursing education (INE) survey.
J Theory Constr Test 2009;13:7‑15.
12. Rad M, Ildarabadi EH, Moharreri F, Moonaghi, HK. A study
of incivility in the Iranian nursing training system based on
educators and students’ experiences: A quantitative content
analysis. Glob J Health Sci 2015;7:203‑9.
13. Holtz HK, Rawl SM, Draucker C. Types of faculty incivility as
viewed by students in Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs.
Nurs Educ Perspect 2018;39:85‑90.
14. Altmiller G. Student perceptions of incivility in nursing education:
Implications for educators. Nurs Educ Perspect 2012;33:15‑20.
15. Irwin A, Irvine C, Bekes B, Nordmann E. Location! Location.
Location? Investigating the impact of status and context on
incivility in academia. J Further High Educ 2021;45:30‑48.
16. Tehrani TH, Ebadi A, Mokhtari Z, Gheshlagh RG. Psychometric properties of the Persian version of the uncivil behavior in clinical
nursing education among nursing students. Adv Med Educ Pract
17. Sandelowski M. Focus on research methods, what happened to
qualitative description? Res Nurs Health 2000;23:334–40.
18. Polit DF, Beck CT. Essentials of Nursing Research. Wolters Kluwer
Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2010.
19. Iranian Nurses Association. 2019. Available from: https://ir‑nas.
com/. [Last accessed on 2021 Sep 29].
20. Graneheim UH, Lundman B. Qualitative content analysis in
nursing research: Concepts, procedures and measures to achieve
trustworthiness. Nurse Educ Today 2004;24:105‑12.
21. Guba EG. Criteria for assessing the trustworthiness of naturalistic
inquiries. Educ Technol Res Dev 1981;29:75‑91.
22. Nodeh ZH, Tayebi Z, Aghabarary M, Tayebi R. Nursing students’
experiences of faculty incivility: A qualitative exploratory study.
Nurs Pract Today 2020;7:121‑30.
23. Knepp KAF. Understanding student and faculty incivility in
higher education. J Effect Teach 2012;12:33‑46.
24. El Hachi M. Faculty incivility: Lived experiences of nursing
graduates in the United Arab Emirates. Int Nurs Rev 2020;67:127‑35.
25. Clark CM, Springer PJ. Incivility in nursing education:
A descriptive study of definitions and prevalence. J Nurs Educ
26. RawlinsL. Faculty and student incivility in undergraduate nursing
education: An integrative review. J Nurs Educ 2017;56:709‑16.
27. Rad M, Moonaghi HK. Strategies for managing nursing students’
incivility as experienced by nursing educators: a qualitative study.
J Caring Sci 2016;5:23‑32.
28. Sheikhbardsiri H, Sheikhasadi H, Mahani SA, Mohamadi MM.
Emotional intelligence and learning strategies of postgraduate
students at Kerman University of Medical Sciences in the
southeast of Iran. J Educ Health Promot 2020;9:1‑7.
29. Rafiee Vardanjani L, Parvin N, Shafiei Z, Safdari Dehcheshmeh F.
Incivility behavior training of teachers and students in nursing
and midwifery department of Shahrekord. J Dev Strategies Med
30. Rad M, Moonaghi HK, Ildarabadi E. Can nurse teachers manage
student incivility by guided democracy? A grounded theory
study. BMJ Open 2017;7:e014639.
31. World Health Organization. 2016. Available from: https://
competencies/en/. [Last accessed on 2021 Jan 24].
32. Allen C, Stanley S, Cascoe K, Stennett R. Academic dishonesty
among undergraduate nursing students. Int Arch Nurs Health
33. Klocko MN. Academic dishonesty in schools of nursing:
A literature review. J Nurs Educ 2014;53:121‑5.
34. Kolanko KM, Clark CM, Heinrich KT, Olive D, Serembus JF,
Sifford KS. Academic dishonesty, bullying, incivility, and
violence: Difficult challenges facing nurse educators. Nurs Educ
35. Farzi F, Hasanvand S, Goudarzi F, Gavgani MT, Mokhayeri Y.
Management of students’ uncivil behaviors in academic
environments: A context‑based educational intervention. J Educ
Health Promot 2021;10:1‑6.
36. Mohammadi MM, Sheikhasadi H, Mahani SA, Taheri A,
Sheikhbardsiri H, Abdi K. The effect of bio ethical principles
education on ethical attitude of prehospital paramedic personnel.
J Educ Health Promot 2021;10:1‑5.
37. Streubert H, Carpenter D. Qualitative Research in Nursing:
Advanced the Humanistic Imperative. Ed T, editor. Philadelphia:
Wolters Kluwer, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2011.