1. World Health Organization. Infection prevention and control
guidance for long‑term care facilities in the context of COVID‑19:
Interim guidance. World Health Organization 2020. Available
from: https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/331508. [Last
accessed on 2021 Aug 20].
2. Blake H, Bermingham F, Johnson G, Tabner A. Mitigating the
psychological impact of COVID‑19 on healthcare workers:
A digital learning package. Int J Environ Res Public Health
3. Brooks S, Amlot R, Rubin GJ, Greenberg N. Psychological
resilience and post‑traumatic growth in disaster‑exposed
organisations: Overview of the literature. BMJ Mil Health
4. Honey M, Wang WY. New Zealand nurses perceptions of caring
for patients with influenza A (H1N1). Nurs Crit Care 2013;18:63‑9.
5. Liu C, Wang H, Zhou L, Xie H, Yang H, Yu Y, et al. Sources and
symptoms of stress among nurses in the first Chinese anti‑Ebola
medical team during the Sierra Leone aid mission: A qualitative
study. Int J Nurs Sci 2019;6:187‑91.
6. Liu Q, Luo D, Haase JE, Guo Q, Wang XQ, Liu S, et al. The
experiences of health‑care providers during the COVID‑19 crisis
in China: A qualitative study. Lancet Glob Health 2020;8:e790‑8.
7. Su TP, Lien TC, Yang CY, Su YL, Wang JH, Tsai SL, et al.
Prevalence of psychiatric morbidity and psychological adaptation
of the nurses in a structured SARS caring unit during outbreak:
A prospective and periodic assessment study in Taiwan.
J Psychiatr Res 2007;41:119‑30.
8. Bajwah S, Wilcock A, Towers R, Costantini M, Bausewein C,
Simon ST, et al. Managing the supportive care needs of those
affected by COVID‑19. Eur Respir J 2020;55:2000815.
9. Kisely S, Warren N, McMahon L, Dalais C, Henry I, Siskind D.
Occurrence, prevention, and management of the psychological
effects of emerging virus outbreaks on healthcare workers: Rapid
review and meta‑analysis. BMJ 2020;369:m1642.
10. Walton M, Murray E, Christian M. Mental health care for medical
staff and affiliated healthcare workers during the COVID‑19
pandemic. Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care 2020;9:241‑7.
11. Delvetool.com. What is intercoder reliability in qualitative
research?. Available from: https://delvetool.com/blog/
intercoder. [Last accessed on 2021 Feb 05].
12. Khalid I, Khalid TJ, Qabajah MR, Barnard AG, Qushmaq IA.
Healthcare workers emotions, perceived stressors and coping
strategies during a MERS‑CoV outbreak. Clin Med Res
13. Shacham M, Hamama‑Raz Y, Kolerman R, Mijiritsky O,
Ben‑Ezra M, Mijiritsky E. COVID‑19 factors and psychological
factors associated with elevated psychological distress among
dentists and dental hygienists in Israel. Int J Environ Res Public
14. Uchealth.org. Why the coronavirus pandemic triggers such deep
fears and how we can calm ourselves down; c2020. Available
‑flight‑responses‑to‑the‑coronavirus-pandemic/. [Last accessed
on 2020 Mar 27].
15. Kang L, Ma S, Chen M, Yang J, Wang Y, Li R, et al. Impact on
mental health and perceptions of psychological care among
medical and nursing staff in Wuhan during the 2019 novel
coronavirus disease outbreak: A cross‑sectional study. Brain
Behav Immun 2020;87:11‑7.
16. Kang L, Li Y, Hu S, Chen M, Yang C, Yang BX, et al. The mental
health of medical workers in Wuhan, China dealing with the 2019
novel coronavirus. Lancet Psychiatry 2020;7:e14.
17. Xiang YT, Yang Y, Li W, Zhang L, Zhang Q, Cheung T, et al.
Timely mental health care for the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak
is urgently needed. Lancet Psychiatry 2020;7:228‑9.
18. Walker L, Hepp N. Psychosocial Eniviroment. Health
and Environment 2016. Available from: https://www.
environmental‑risks/psychosocial‑environment. [Last accessed
on 2021 Jul 28].
19. Hannemann J, Abdalrahman A, Erim Y, Morawa E, Jerg‑Bretzke L,
Beschoner P, et al. The impact of the COVID‑19 pandemic on
the mental health of medical staff considering the interplay
of pandemic burden and psychosocial resources—A rapid
systematic review. PLoS One 2022;17:e0264290.
20. Sun N, Wei L, Shi S, Jiao D, Song R, Ma L, et al. A qualitative
study on the psychological experience of caregivers of
COVID‑19 patients. Am J Infect Control 2020;48:592‑8.
21. Creswell JW. Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing
among Five Approaches. 3rd ed. Sage Publications; 2016.
22. Marshall MN. Sampling for qualitative research. Fam Pract
23. Newman I, Newman D, Newman C. Writing research articles
using mixed methods: Methodological considerations to help you
get published. In: Rocco TS, Hatcher TG, Creswell JW, editors. The
Handbook of Scholarly Writing and Publishing. San Francisco,
CA: Jossey‑Bass; 2011. p. 191‑208.
24. Durdella N. Qualitative Dissertation Methodology: A Guide for
Research Design and Methods. Sage Publications. 2017.
25. Sutton J, Austin Z. Qualitative research: Data collection, analysis,
and management. Can J Hosp Pharm 2015;68:226‑31.
26. Saldana J. The Coding Manual for Qualitative Researchers. 4th ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage; 2021.
27. Eftekhar AM, Naserbakht M, Bernstein C, Alazmani NF,
Hakimi H, Ranjbar H. Healthcare providers experience of working
during the COVID‑19 pandemic: A qualitative study. Am J Infect
28. Galehdar N, Kamran A, Toulabi T, Heydari H. Exploring
nurses’ experiences of psychological distress during care of
patients with COVID‑19: A qualitative study. BMC Psychiatry
29. Badahdah A, Khamis F, Al Mahyijari N, Al Balushi M, Al
Hatmi H, Al Salmi I, et al. The mental health of health care
workers in Oman during the COVID‑19 pandemic. Int J Soc
30. Caillet A, Coste C, Sanchez R, Allaouchiche B. Psychological
Impact of COVID‑19 on ICU Caregivers. Anaesth Crit Care Pain
31. Zhang Y, Wei L, Li H, Pan Y, Wang J, Li Q, et al. The psychological
change process of frontline nurses caring for patients with
COVID‑19 during its outbreak. Issues Ment Health Nurs
32. Rani M, Sharma I, Sharma S, Sharma L, Kumar S. Exploring the
knowledge, attitude, and practice of health‑care professionals on
coronavirus (COVID‑19) pandemic infection. J Edu Health Promot
33. Das S, Chakraborty A, Chandra S. Psychosocial perception of
health‑care workers in a COVID‑19‑designated hospital in eastern
India. J Educ Health Promot 2022;11:17.
34. Meena SP, Jhirwal M, Puranik AK, Sharma N, Rodha MS,
Lodha M, et al. Awareness and experience of health‑care workers
during coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic. J Edu Health Promot
35. Kim Y. Nurses’ experiences of care for patients with the Middle
East respiratory syndrome‑coronavirus in South Korea. Am J
Infect Control 2018;46:781‑7.