1. Nobakht S, Shirdel A, Molavi‑Taleghani Y, Doustmohammadi M,
Sheikhbardsiri H. Human resources for health: A narrative
review of adequacy and distribution of clinical and nonclinical
human resources in hospitals of Iran. Int J Health Plann Manage
2. Aminizadeh M, Saberinia A, Salahi S, Sarhadi M, Jangipour
Afshar P, Sheikhbardsiri H. Quality of working life and
organizational commitment of Iranian pre‑hospital paramedic
employees during the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak. Int J
Health Plann Manage 2021;15:36‑44.
3. 2022. Available from: https://www.who.int/news‑room/
fact‑sheets/detail/nursing‑and‑midwifery. [Last accessed on
2022 May 28].
4. 2022. Available from: https://www.ingentaconnect.com/
accessed on 2022 May 28].
5. Hill M, DeWitt J. Staffing is more than a number: Using workflow
to determine an appropriate nurse staffing ratio in a tertiary care
neurocritical care unit. J Neurosci Nurs 2018;50:268‑72.
6. 2022. Available from:https://aornjournal.onlinelibrary.wiley.
com/doi/full/10.1016/j.aorn0.2013.02.011. [Last accessed on
2022 May 28].
7. WISN_Eng_UsersManual.pdf. Available from: https://
pdf?ua=1. [Last accessed on 2019 Apr 07].
8. Vafaee‑Najar A, Amiresmaeili M, Nekoei‑Moghadam M,
Tabatabaee SS. The design of an estimation norm to assess
nurses required for educational and non‑educational hospitals
using workload indicators of staffing need in Iran. Hum Resour
9. Mugisha JF, Namaganda G. Using the Workload Indicator Of
Staffing Needs (WISN) methodology to assess work pressure
among the nursing staff of Lacor hospital. Health Policy Dev
10. Adomat R, Hewison A. Assessing patient category/dependence
systems for determining the nurse/patient ratio in ICU and HDU:
A review of approaches. J Nurs Manag 2004;12:299‑308.
11. Ahmadishad M, Adib‑Hajbaghery M, Rezaei M, Atoof F,
Munyisia E. Care and non‑care‑related activities among critical
care nurses: A cross‑sectional observational time and motion
study. Nurs Midwifery Stud 2019;8:40‑7.
12. Driscoll A, Grant MJ, Carroll D, Dalton S, Deaton C, Jones I, et al.
The effect of nurse‑to‑patient ratios on nurse‑sensitive patient
outcomes in acute specialist units: A systematic review and
meta‑analysis. Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 2018;17:6‑22.
13. King’s College London ‑ NPDS ‑ Nursing Dependency Scale/
NPCNA ‑ Care Needs Assessment. Kcl.ac.uk. 2022. Available
npds. [Last accessed on 2022 May 28].
14. Hatfield A, Hunt S, Wade DT. The northwick park dependency
score and its relationship to nursing hours in neurological
rehabilitation. J Rehabil Med 2003;35:116‑20.
15. Phkh.nhsrc.pk. 2022. Available from: https://phkh.nhsrc.pk/
pdf. [Last accessed on 2022 May 28].
16. Aloh HE, Onwujekwe OE, Aloh OG, Nweke CJ. Is bed turnover
rate a good metric for hospital scale efficiency? A measure of
resource utilization rate for hospitals in Southeast Nigeria. Cost
Eff Resour Alloc 2020;18:21.
17. Usman G, Memon KN, Shaikh S. Bed occupancy rate and length
of stay of patients in medical and allied wards of a tertiary Care
Hospital. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2015;27:367‑70.
18. Lino DODC, Barreto R, Souza FD, Lima CJM, Silva Junior GBD.
Impact of lockdown on bed occupancy rate in a referral hospital
during the COVID‑19 pandemic in northeast Brazil. Braz J Infect
19. Baek H, Cho M, Kim S, Hwang H, Song M, Yoo S. Analysis of
length of hospital stay using electronic health records: A statistical
and data mining approach. PLoS One 2018;13:e0195901.
20. Van Straten A, van der Meulen JH, van den Bos GA, Limburg M.
Length of hospital stay and discharge delays in stroke patients.
21. Agrawal A, Gandhe M, Gandhe S, Agrawal N. Study of length
of stay and average cost of treatment in Medicine Intensive Care
Unit at tertiary care center. J Health Res Rev 2017;4:24.
22. Williams H, Harris R, Turner‑Stokes L. Work sampling:
A quantitative analysis of nursing activity in a neuro‑rehabilitation
setting. J Adv Nurs 2009;65:2097‑107.
23. Tamilselvi A, Regunath R. Work sampling: A quantitative
analysis of nursing activity in a medical ward. J Health Allied
Sci Nu 2013;3:64‑7.
24. Hendrich A, Chow MP, Skierczynski BA, Lu Z. A 36‑hospital time
and motion study: How do medical‑surgical nurses spend their
time? Perm J 2008;12:25–34.
25. Tevington P. Mandatory nurse‑patient ratios. Medsurg Nurs
26. McHugh MD, Aiken LH, Windsor C, Douglas C, Yates P. Case
for hospital nurse‑to‑patient ratio legislation in Queensland,
Australia, hospitals: An observational study. BMJ Open
27. 2020. Available from: http://wwwwedswalesnhsuk/sitesplus/
accessed on 2019 Dec 02].
28. 2020. Available from: http://wwwnhlccnlsca/assets/2016%20
Ratiopdf Published 2020. [Last accessed on 2019 Nov 08].
29. Ficmacuk. 2020. Available from: http://wwwficmacuk/sites/
%282013%29pdf. [Last accessed on 2019 Dec 02].
30. 2020. Available from: https://nurses 3cdnnet/f0da47b347e41bb03a_
z1m6vl1sdpdf. [Last accessed on 2019 Nov 08].
31. Sharma M, Sharma S, Singh RS. An exploratory study on “nursing
manpower requirement” for cardio‑thoracic vascular surgery
intensive care unit, step‑down intensive care unit and ward. Nurs
Midwif Res J 2010;6:47‑57.